Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Victorio's Ristorante

The Clipper, a coupon magazine, often mentions Victorio's Ristorante and yet, I have never tried it. Tonight, after listening to a book on CD on my drive home that discussed Italian food, I decided it was time to try something new. I was craving pasta.

Three of us went to Victorio's in Burbank. There is also a location in North Hollywood which intrigues me. Victorio's is tucked into a corner of a strip mall. The restaurant has a full bar and a couple of oddly arranged tables. The red walls and mint green booths don't really match, but that doesn't hurt the family feel.

The waitress was new and incredibly friendly and swift, but the owner was also on the premises. The menu is large covering a full range of pastas, pizza and sandwiches. I wanted pasta and from the pictures on the website, I knew I was in for a treat.

I ordered the cannelloni which is a baked meat and spinach filled pasta roll covered in sauce and cheese. It comes with french bread and for $5 you can add on a salad and dessert. Or you could add just a salad if you want. I decided to just have the pasta and bread. The cannelloni was popular at our table, ordered by 2/3 diners. The other diner ordered a pepperoni, cheese and salami sandwich. The soft drinks are cheap here--and they come in what looks like a 40oz cup. Gigantic. I didn't need refills once on my water.

The food came in a reasonable amount of time. The cannelloni was piping hot in the casseroles they were cooked in. The flavors melded together deliciously. The pasta was cooked to perfection in several layers and the meat and sauce added. I didn't feel the need to add anything extra and my mouth is watering for more. The portion was also a good size. I was neither hungry or stuffed afterwards. The sandwich ordered by the other diner was huge--10 inches and wide and apparently delicious.

I am going to make Victorio's one of the family favorites.





Victorio's Ristorante
520 S. Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502
Map

No comments: