Friday, March 28, 2008

Barkley's Restaurant

We decided to head over to Barkley's for something a little different the other night for dinner. It was Friday night so we knew that the restaurant would have a band playing at some point that evening.

The restaurant is a lot smaller than it looks from the outside with room for only 45 people! A good portion of the restaurant is taking up by a bar and another large part by the dance floor. All the tables are turned towards the dance floor and the band.

The menu is large and fun to read with little quips about each of the items. It is generally American style with a little Italian thrown in. I ordered the Reuben sandwich, another person I was with got the chicken sandwich and the third got the chili size.

My Reuben came with potato salad (I chose that of the choices) and it was OK but nothing special. It was too overfilled with meat and under-filled with sauerkraut for my tastes. Also, I thought it unusual that the thousand island dressing came on the side so that it was impossible to smother the sandwich in flavor. The potato salad tasted like it was from the deli. It was very small and mayo-y with a sharp pickle flavor.

The chicken sandwich was reportedly flavorful, moist and delicious. I think I made the wrong choice with mine when I saw it. The Chili size was also just average, it wasn't particularly spicy and it had tons of beans.

The best part of the restaurant was that the food came with the band. The band played fun music the whole time and it was neat to watch people on the dance floor. Had I been the type to dance, I would have, because it looked like a lot of fun.





Barkley's Restaurant
1400 Huntington Dr
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Map

No comments: