Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ameci Pizza & Pasta

We decided to have lunch at Ameci Pizza & Pasta a couple of days ago. While I had never been there before, the other two in my party had. Apparently, the restaurant used to take up two store fronts but now it only takes up just one. There is parking in the back and some on the street. The menu is large on a board above your head. Since nobody else was there, I felt a little bit rushed and made a snap decision for the meatball sandwich--I wish I had tried something different to get a better idea of the place.

We all ordered at the counter and then sat down at the table. One other person came in on that day at lunch time to eat, it is a wonder how they stay open with the lack of crowds--but perhaps on the weekdays it is usually crowded.

We waited a little longer because one person ordered a slice of pepperoni pizza and they had not yet made the pizza. That only took 10 minutes though. My sandwich took kind of long too.

The restaurant is just a small room with a couple of tables and then the kitchen beyond. You can pretty much see what's going on in there if you sit in the right place.

When our food came I found my meatball sandwich to be a tad bland. I went up and asked for some pepperoncinis and that helped a lot, but it was still missing something. Also, I ordered the sandwich and a drink but didn't see that they also had a lunch special that would be the same thing plus a salad for cheaper. I wish they guy had mentioned that at the time, but I see why he wouldn't. The bread was good and the sandwich was large, but, again, it didn't really have much flavor. If I had had a little oregano it might have made a big difference.

The pizza looked pretty good--and if you like thin crust New York style greasy pizza, this would be a good place to get a slice. Just a note, if you order pizza by the slice and they have cheese sitting around they will put any other toppings on top and heat it up--common for pizza by the slice though so just stick with cheese unless you don't see anything sitting around.





Ameci Pizza & Pasta
240 N Glenoaks Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502
Map

No comments: