Monday, April 23, 2012

Giamela's

Pastrami sandwiches aren't really a thing I was much familiar with before I moved to Burbank.  But right when I got here my father-in-law told me I must try one at the best place in town Giamela's.

I've been there lots of times since but I've never reviewed the restaurant!  I used to go to the place almost every weekend to get my pastrami fix.  We then switched gears and started going to Giamela's competitor Santoro's for sandwiches due to there being more variety.  While Santoro's does make a good sandwich, if I'm getting pastarmi I'm partial to Giamela's.

Giamela's sandwiches are huge. The small can easily be shared by two people.  The sandwich is best with everything except I don't usually get onions anymore if I'm going to be with people.  Everything includes a hearty white roll, cheese, mustard, a large helping of pastrami, tomatoes, pickles, a vinaigrette mix and some salt, pepper & spices.

I love how the cheese melts under the piping hot meat and becomes that texture between cooked and uncooked. The pickles have a certain bite to them that makes the sandwiches and they are cut in a large chunk adding a nice texture.  The meat is seasoned perfectly and it all goes so well together.  Eat it fast before the juice soaks into the bread. Don't even think about taking your sandwich to go.





Giamela's
216 W Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502

Cash Only

No comments: