Sunday, September 4, 2011

Which Wich

There is a new sandwich shop in Burbank. It made it to the San Fernando Strip earlier this year and I've been wanting to try it ever since. The problem is that I already have a favorite sandwich shop in Burbank, and a second favorite, and there's a third one I kind of like...so I just haven't had room for another sandwich place in my life. But finally we decided to try it this afternoon.

Like The Counter, this sandwich shop has a bunch of brown bags on display where you pick your sandwich, bread and toppings before you get to the register. The bags are ordered by protein and then you use the provided red sharpies to add your bread, cheese toasted or not and other toppings and sauces.

I got the concept pretty quickly of filling out the bags but it seemed like a lot of people who came in for the first time were a tad confused by the system.

All of the sandwiches at the restaurant are the same price by size unless you add something extra like bacon or avocado. However, if you get a special sandwich like bacon, turkey and tomato combination that is listed on the bag the bacon comes with the bacon for free for the regular price.

I decided to start off by getting something I'd have at any other sandwich shop so that I could easily compare although I was very tempted by the Cuban specialty sandwich. I ordered turkey with avocado, cheese, tomato and deli mustard. I thought I also put on pepperocinis but I honestly don't remember if they were on there or not. The avocado was $1 extra but they made it worth my while by really piling it on the top.

I got the sandwich un-toasted and I thought he bread tasted fresh and chewy. My husband tried a sandwich that was toasted with ham, bacon and cheese. It won him over and he plans to take the sandwich card back there sometime and work his way up to 10 for a free one! This is a good substitute for Subway or Quiznos with some more fun options and lots of choice.

Which Wich is a small chain so if you live somewhere else in Southern California or in Arizona you should seek out your local branch for your next sandwich.






Which Wich
302 N San Fernando Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502
Map

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good to know! I'll have to try it out for lunch sometime. What's you second choice for a sandwich? And third? I assume you like Santoros as #1?