Friday, February 11, 2011

Beachcombers

Crystal Cove State Park is a beautiful historical beach with houses for rent. We recently went to the park for lunch at the only restaurant--Beachcombers. Beachcombers also has a location on the beach in Malibu.

The atmosphere at this restaurant can't be beat. It is located right on the beautiful beach just steps from the ocean. There is plenty of space to walk around after or before lunch. I've heard this place gets packed but when we were there on a Thursday in February just before noon, we were seated right away on the patio facing the water. Wait for a patio seat, I'd say the restaurant isn't worth it if you have to sit inside.

The menu has a variety of choices but I don't feel like they made any of them superbly. The breakfast smelled good and I kind of wished we made it for that. If I were you, I'd order the seafood. Of the people in our group, I was the only one that ordered seafood and my lunch was by far the best in the group. I ordered the Ahi Tuna sandwich. I was a little worried about it because I prefer my tuna raw...but this one was cooked perfectly and there was a nice flavor and texture mix with slaw and aoili. The dish came with a side of a different coleslaw and french fries--lots of fries.

We had a birthday girl at our table and when they found out the covertly brought out an ice cream sundae with bananas and caramel. It was a nice treat. This restaurant may actually teeter on the $$$ level because a lunch entree can be as high as $17. The thing is you're still on the beach in this location...but you know it is a state park, you could just bring a picnic and grab a drink at the bar later.






Beachcombers
Crystal Cove State Park
8471 N Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651

No comments: