Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Marix Tex Mex Cafe

Today I had lunch with a couple of friends at Marix in West Hollywood. Marix is a sister restaurant to Basix cafe next door. It has an "open air" feel although I am pretty sure there is a ceiling all the way around.

On Tuesday nights Marix has a taco night, but watch out, a pitcher of margaritas could be a little more money than you bargain for.

But I went for lunch. We were seated immediately and the restaurant wasn't really crowded at all, but I have been there before when it has been crowded, so that's a good sign for its food.

I ordered the brisket (tri-tip) tacos and it came with beans and rice. Also ordered at my table were fajitas, chicken tacos and a tostada salad. While we waited for our food there were ample chips and salsa at our table and drinks of course. The waiter was very attentive to our needs. Just before our food came, however, we heard some really loud construction work outside, that sort of stunted conversation for a little, but it ended as suddenly as it started.

My tacos were delicious. The meat was really tender and flavorful. I was pretty full after just the tacos. The fajitas also looked amazing. For tacos though, the price was a little higher than I would normally pay. I am glad I tried something slightly unusual rather than sticking to an old favorite. I would definitely go again though if I were in the area.





Marix
1108 N Flores St.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Map

No comments: